Tuesday 5 July 2011

Limited Palette

Spoonflower has a fabric contest this week with the theme being "butterflies" with a limited palette. My starting point was this pen and ink drawing from my sketch book.
This is the palette for the design. Interesting choice and not my usual, so I was interested as to how I would use these colours.
This is a part of the finished design. I'm still pondering on the dominant use of the pink for the butterflies, this may be because I am not the biggest colour pink fan but then again I like the pink with the paler green. I will be interested to see all the entries, this week, on Spoonflower as I think the palette will highlight the effectiveness of everyone's repeat pattern.
To see my pattern in all its 'glory' follow this link to my Spoonflower site.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I saw your pattern on their website today! How funny I am running across it for the second time. Did you submit a skirt entry as well?

    ReplyDelete