Thursday 6 October 2011

Retro Kitchen Fabric

'A Winter Casserole'
I've created a vintage style fabric with kitchens in mind called 'A Winter Casserole'. There are two colourways, this vibrant burnt orange or a gentler on the eye, grey version. I have also created a complimentary smaller design called 'Carrot and Onion Soup' for both colours which is multi-directional, a table cloth perhaps?

The main motif is a block print created a while ago and I've been itching to tweek it into a fabric for ages. The push came from Spoonflower (the amazing company that print my fabrics using environmentally friendly inks and fabrics), who are running a contest this week with root vegetables as the theme. Once I have checked the samples the design will be available for sale on my Spoonflower shop.

This burnt orange is my new favourite colour and I fancy kitchen blinds in the big bold 'Winter Casserole' fabric, it has a large 12 inch repeat. I think it would suit the Linen Cotton Canvas that prints with a beautiful crisp vibrancy from Spoonflower.

'In the Kitchen' Fabric Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment