Monday 12 March 2012

Illustration Friday - Yield

It was the most beautiful sunny early Spring weather coinciding with that time of year when my lovely man digs the garden, weeding out the mass of dandelions and forks in lots of lovely compost to ensure the best yield possible from our veggie patch.

I was drawing him doing this and realised he could be a great way to illustrate this weeks topic 'yield' for Illustration Friday. I also wanted to experiment with a more grown up image rather than my usual children's illustrative style .... however .... I am not sure whether I have achieved this!

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good to me. Very nice illo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to grow our own vegetables until the local rabbit population discovered it. Now they eat everything but the weeds - usually at the base of the stalks.

    Your illustration conveys that 'start of the season feeling' well. There is something almost conquering about the pose with that fork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella, it took him weeks to go over the whole bed and he had almost finished, then five minutes after I drew this he stuck the fork through his boot! His foot is fine (just caught a toe) but the boot is now a fair weather boot only :)

      Delete