Sunday 11 November 2012

A limited palette of Seagulls

Seagulls are not my favourite birds, living where I do there are too many, they raid bins and can be quite aggressive during the nesting season, but this lot were so comical, stood in a line on a roof, they needed drawing. Then for a bit of fun, I decided they were just the thing for this weeks Spoonflower contest entitled 'flights of fancy'. The brief included a limited palette (Hex codes grey - 707c7c, light teal - 83c5ba, apple green - 93d300, pale yellow - F9ea62.) which I found interesting as they are not colours I would necessarily have chosen myself; the green in particular was a challenge for me to include as you probably can tell.
I have no chance, as there are some quite stunning designs entered, but, the winner will be featured on the cover of Mollie Makes, a craft magazine published here in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment